August 16th, 2012 by BridalBuds
A wedding in June is typically going to be very warm so we knew we wanted a nice, refreshing touch when our guests came into our reception venue. Plus they needed to know what table they were sitting at. So why not combine the two? That’s exactly what we did. It took quite a bit of work but turned out to be one of the most talked about things of the night! Our guests had some delicious lemonade as they took their seats. Here is the finished product:
Didn’t they turn out cute?! Here are the steps that I took to make them:
1. Find bottles! I searched everywhere. Trust me. I ended up at a local wholesale glass shop and bought 200 Tabasco bottles. They were only a quarter a piece so it worked out perfect!
2. We worked out with our caterer to have them fill and place them for our guests (and we provided them with funnels to fill them since the opening on the top was a bit small!)
3. I found some fun straws on Etsy in any color you could pretty much want!
4. I went to Michaels and bought a paper puncher in the shape of that little scalloped circle along with plenty of coral colored card stock and some string.
5. The hardest part was punching out 200 of them, writing everyone’s name and table number, punching holes in them (we used nails), and stringing them on the bottles.
Any other fun seating ideas?!